“Repositioning Oil & Gas Industry as an Attractive Talent Destination”
A formal yet relaxed, participatory gathering with a strong focus on discussing various means and ways of making the Oil & Gas industry an attractive sector to work in across HR minded people saw participation of over 150 attendees at the 13th Oil & Gas HR Round Table. The feedback from participants, both via formal discussions and from anecdotal conversations on the day, indicated a very high level of satisfaction with the event.
Purely on invitational basis, event expenses were covered and met through sponsorship support from the
The conference saw many firsts:
- Strength of the Steering committee touched an all-time high. 9 senior HR professionals representing
major Oil & Gas companies, like HPCL, BPCL. Reliance, Schlumberger, Halliburton, Essar Oil, Engineers
India and Shell.
- Mr. Sidharath Tuli, Vice President & Head (HR), Hydrocarbon IC. L&T Ltd., was the program director.
Event Report – 13th Oil & Gas HR Round Table, August 21, 2014, Mumbai
- Three steering committee meetings took place in the months of April, June & July respectively with
over 50% attendance by the members, either in person or through video conference. It is the steering
committee that deliberates and decides on a particular topic for the year, and the subsequent
sessions and the sub-sessions, and also the potential resource person for each session.
- Active role played by the program support team headed by Dr. Nikhil Kulshreshtha, HOD (HR), UPES.
UPES provided the academic backup with Dr. Nikhil Kulshreshtha got to interview the steering
committee members for their further inputs on the topic chosen. These interviews helped in not only
preparing the background paper but also deciding on the topics for four specific sessions in the
- As many as 8 CEOs participated to deliberate on their perspective of the chosen topic, representing
TOTAL Oil India Pvt. Ltd., Kongsberg Oil & Gas Tech. Pvt. Ltd., Emerson Process Management (India)
Pvt. Ltd., CGG Services India Pvt. Ltd., Essar Oil Ltd., Reliance Industries Ltd., Mercer India and Gulf Oil
Lubricants India Ltd.
- 15 Speakers representing blue chip o&g companies namely, Shell, L&T, Essar, TechMahindra, GE, BG,
and Schlumberger also graced the occasion.
- 150 attendees plus from over 70 companies.
- Consistent attendance of around 100 through the day, normally had 40-50 in the past.
- All 8 CEOs interviewed by Ms. Usha Nath giving their views about UPES, and industry on the whole.
- First time, the total organization of the event from beginning to end was handled by Mr. Vijay Pahwa
& Mr. Vikas Narula under the guidance of Dr. Parag Diwan and support of senior colleagues from the
Career Services Team.