The visit of Bharat Ratna Prof. C.N.R. Rao, FRS is scheduled at UPES campus during 25-27 March 2015. Prof. Rao will address UPES fraternity on the topics such as “Doing Science in India”and “Celebration of Science.”
Prof. Rao was born on June 30, 1934 in Bangalore. He is an author of over 1400 research papers and 41 books. Among the various medals, honours and awards received by him, mention must be made of the Marlow Medal of the Faraday Society (1967), Bhatnagar Prize (1968), Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowship (1973), Padma Shri (1974), Centennial Foreign Fellowship of the American Chemical Society (1976), SN Bose Medal (1980), Royal Society of Chemistry (London) Medal (1981), Padma Vibhushan (1985), Honorary Fellowship of the Royal Society of Chemistry, London (1989) to name a few.
UPES Computational Fluid Dynamics students activities under the supervision of Dr Ugven.
- 3 of our students (2011/2012) who are part of Team Indus won the 1 Million USD Milestone Prize for the Google Lunar X Prize. (the aim is to create a rover robot and send to the moon and perform sampling collection etc on the moon)
- Simiti Maini and her contribution to the ISRO Mars Orbiter Mission
- The Star Observation Night concluded at the campus. The bond which was forged between Rose City Astronomers Club and our Club Infinity of UPES (Space Club), strengthened as sister clubs.
- 2 MTech CFD students are doing their pure research internship in the biggest Fluid Dynamics Laboratory in Europe in Touluese.
- MTech CFD students who are attending University of Nantes (Polytech Nantes) have become the toppers of their program (1st, 2nd and 3rd place).
Two of UPES Computational Fluid Dynamics students who are doing research internship in the biggest Fluid Dynamics Laboratory in Toulouse, Europe. These students are at Institut de Mécanique des Fluides de Toulouse (IMFT), France for a 6 month research internship from February 16th, 2015 to the end of July 2015. During this period, Mr. Prashant Kulkarni is doing research activities on the numerical simulation of two-phase flows in the group Interface at IMFT. Mr. Harshit Bhatia is doing research activities on the numerical simulation of two-phase flows in the group Particles, Spray and Combustion at IMFT. They are offered stipend of 400 Euros / month for daily expenses and 300 Euros / month as a participation to the rent accommodation.